[Dixielandjazz] Equal temperament and perfect pitch

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Tue Feb 6 12:56:19 PST 2007

I know several perfect pitchers (no, they don't play for the Dodgers).
Some could adjust and enjoy, other freaked and had to leave the room.  I
had a girl friend flute player at UCLA that couldn't listen to
recordings (vinyl at the time) if the orchestra wasn't at A440.
However, she had a high end turntable with a strobe speed control and
she would adjust the turntable speed for the records (only a few) that
gave her a headache.

She has since married a French guy and is living over here as a software
engineer now.  I need to ask her if she has a problem with European
orchestras as most tune to A442.

All the best, Gary