[Dixielandjazz] Musical Frequencies; John Gill in Austin

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Tue Feb 6 02:24:59 PST 2007

Watch out, those frequencies are, as stated, for an 'equal-tempered
scale.'  This is what a piano or a keyboard uses because you can't lip
up or down notes.  Wind and stringed instrument should be thinking of
the 'just scale' for ensemble work.  From the same web site :

http://www.phy.mtu.edu/~suits/scales.html

Please give John a big hello.  I last saw him in Costa Mesa 2005 when I
sat in with Dan Levinson's fine group.

All the best, Gary