[Dixielandjazz] The axe!

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Feb 5 09:10:15 PST 2007

A fellow musician told me a story the other day from his years working in
bands on cruise ships (in the 1980's).  There was one band leader who was
rather demanding.  If a musician wasn't cutting it (reading, etc.), the
bandleader would remove one of the "fire axes" off the wall near their
cabins.  When the musician came to rehearsal he would find an axe laying on
his chair!
He then knew he was to be put off the ship.

As a "people person", I would say that particular band leader needed a few
lessons.

Jim