[Dixielandjazz] How do you respond?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Feb 4 13:23:15 PST 2007

Hi Rus:

Since I make and always have made my living playing music, I give them
a list and tell them to take their pick, if they want a professional
engagement of any or all of it I will deliver it for a professional
price.

   I play a variety of styles, Jazz, Swing, Blues, Zydeco, Soul, R&B,
Dance band, Pop, ballads, Bluegrass, Country and classic Rock & Roll.

If you want to work and earn a decent living as a Professional musician
you need to cater to what the BUYER wants to hear, if your band can't
play that style you need to refer them to another band however and not
try to hack it just to get the money.  Deliver what the customer wants
and is expecting at a professional level and the residual gigs will
always follow.   Sometime you need to switch a few players for a gig to
deliver the right sound and professionalism.

Bottom line is deliver what you sell.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins