[Dixielandjazz] Loud Audiences was Crossing Over between OKOM and Modern Jazz

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 3 07:28:57 PST 2007

Posted on behalf of Marek Boym:
Cheers,
Steve Barbone
----------
From: marek boym <marekboym at walla.com>

Hello Steve,

When I visited the "New Eddie Condon's" in 1980, one could hardly hear the
music over the conversation.  Likewise Jimmy Ryan's.  Actually, in the
latter, the band seemed to have accepted the situation and sounded extremely
uninterestd.

Moreover, I've often wondered why people paid all that money to attend jazz
festivals at which they tried to shout over the music rather than listen
(Waterloo River comes to mind, but also Nice, Edinburgh, etc).

As I have not yet resubscribed, please pass this on to the list (I neve
remember how to resubscribe, although now I have another email address,
which allows plain text).

Cheers
\