[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 50, Issue 7

Bcf111 at aol.com Bcf111 at aol.com
Fri Feb 2 15:41:38 PST 2007

In a message dated 2/2/2007 3:15:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com writes:

Still had some Indian arrow heads stuck in it from
it's days  in the U.S. Cavalry!

A-ha, that's a definite 'gotcha'.  You  can't claim "I send 'em as I get
'em", because you wrote this one!   Watch my lips:  "it's" means "it is", with the
apostrophe standing  for the letter left out - the second 'i', of course. The
possessive of  "it" is "its", no apostrophe.  You wouldn't put an apostrophe
in  "his", or "hers", would'ja?

Ben (picky, picky) Fowlkes, who knows grammar  but can't play cornet for sour
 apples....