[Dixielandjazz] youtube question

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Fri Feb 2 13:15:07 PST 2007

I've been enjoying many youtube videos that you-all have posted, so I
went to www.youtube.com home page, went to the bottom where there's a
"SEARCH" box, typed in "jazz", and found thousands of possible videos
that I could browse and play. I also used the SEARCH box to find
favorite artists--so much that's great! Thanks.

My question--there are places where it says you can "subscribe" to
youtube (same thing for many of the particular sites, like berwig). I'm
getting access to a ton of stuff by searching for it at will. Free, I
assume. So what's the purpose of "subscribing?" Does subscription
involve a fee? Are there other privileges to subscribing beyond what
I'm getting for free?

Help!

Charlie Suhor