[Dixielandjazz] Jazz on Muzak

Dave Stoddard dhs2 at peoplepc.com
Thu Feb 1 12:29:10 PST 2007

Brian Harvey wrote:

 Waiting for an airport minibus in a Nairobi (Kenya) hotel foyer this last
Monday morning at 6am guess what was on the "muzak" system?  Kenny G tracks.
It seemed weird at the time.......

In 1984 I was in a Ponderosa Steakhouse in New Jersey having breakfast.  The Muzak was playing a slow, syrupy ballad that sounded vaguely familiar.  I searched my memory banks and realized that this dirge was Struttin' With Some Barbecue, taken at about a third of its normal tempo.  Talk about weird!

Dave Stoddard