[Dixielandjazz] FW: Strange jazz venue

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Feb 1 09:34:14 PST 2007

Brian wrote:
Waiting for an airport minibus in a Nairobi (Kenya) hotel foyer this last
Monday morning at 6am guess what was on the "muzak" system?  Kenny G tracks.
It seemed weird at the time.......

Not so weird, Brian.  Iberian Airlines for years has thought, for some crazy
reason, that Mr. G's squeaking, repetitive music would calm flying
customers.  They use his music for landings & takeoffs.  The plane doesn't
make me nervous, but the music sure does!   :>

P.s.  Some of it is sour grapes, of course.  Our band used to be featured on
the jazz station on all flights.

Jim