[Dixielandjazz] Oh Holy Night

billsharp sharp-b at clearwire.net
Mon Dec 24 08:34:19 PST 2007

> http://tinyurl.com/w6ahn

Referring to the song as heard at this website posted on DJML earlier
(and sent out by Bob Ringwald as his email "Holiday Card"' ),  I am
leaning towards the notion that this is merely a typical Karaoke singer
in one  of his most glorious moments.

Karaoke singers - -  -now there is definitely a breed apart from all
normal members of society.  I would actually label them, based upon
their unbridled support of one another, a cult.  Cheaper than going to
a comedy club is going out for an evening of listening to Karaoke
singers . . . definitely a laugh a minute, but take along some Tylenol
for the pain. Darvocet if you have it.

In order to keep my trumpet and reading chops in shape I have been
playing weekly with a big band.  The leader has brought in a male and
female singer which he got from a club where they perform Karaoke.
Here is what I've noticed about both of them . . . they never land on
the first beat of a measure! !  , , and thus are always just a little
"off" of where they should be,  which is slightly disconcerting (  "not
in concert").

My theory is that they have spent so much time reading monitors where
the words pop up for them to sing, that when they don't have the
monitors, their brains are constantly lagging behind as they wait for
the words to appear.   They suffer from "non-monitor shock", having to
use their own brains, which are already tragically impaired from the
many weeks of Karaoke, causing their synapses to become slowed down to
the level of blithering idiots.  Following the addition of these
"singers", I have been trying to purchase illegal drugs.

I am convinced that dedicated Karaoke singers all drink downstream from
the herd, and did you know that the term Karaoke is named after a girl
named Kara from the State of Oklahoma?

Holiday Best,
Bill " Always drink upstream from the herd" Sharp