[Dixielandjazz] Haesler's crystal set.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Dec 20 12:30:35 PST 2007

> A crystal set?  In the 1950s???  If so, you weren't just Down Under,
> you were Downright Underprivileged!

Dear Fr. Mike,
No, much earlier.
Try from the mid 40s-on for my crystal set, and in mid 1950 for the
first Goon Show broadcasts.
As was common with my generation, I lived with my parents until I was
married (March 1955).
But, unlike the current generation, I never returned.
8>)
Underprivileged?
Probably.
I'll never forget vying with returned servicemen for my first job in
late 1946.
Then working alongside these seasoned 1939-45 world war veterans who
were just a few years older than me.
A rich experience, during which I was introduced to the emerging
Australian jazz revival.
Kind regards,
Bill.