[Dixielandjazz] young Pro Musicians Wanted

glen page gpage at dccnet.com
Tue Dec 18 22:31:44 PST 2007

I have been very fortunate in meeting, through DJML, a pair of avid OKOM
lovers in Osaka.Through them I have been exposed to some wonderful music
that is played in that city and in other parts of the country.

The U.S.band should try to make contact with the New Orleans Rascals, try
Googleing for their web site, and I'm sure that they will receive a very
warm welcome and be exposed to possibly the finest OKOM being played on the
planet on a regular basis.

I know that some members of Gremoli from the Bay area are familiar with the
band and would confirm my opinion. The leader Mr. Ryoichi Kawai is an
outstanding gentleman and promoter of this music,although his schedule is
usually full but the Rascals can be heard every Sat. night at the New Suntry
5 bar.

I wish that I could be going to Osaka to hear them, I have to make do with
listening many cds and videos and dvds that I have of the band that has been
in existance since 1961 with only one change in the personnel.

Good luck to the band.

Cheers,

Glen Page.