[Dixielandjazz] Rehearsing in Front of an Audience

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Sun Dec 16 22:05:35 PST 2007

Rehearsing outdoors in front of passers by can lead to a surprising amount of tip collections.

I used to use an open horn case for this purpose, but had problems with the breeze blowing the money about and sometimes little kids
dipping their hands into the bills.

I recently switched to a stand up brief case with an open mouth and taped my sign on it that reads..."Thank you for supporting the
performing arts" with my cartoon logo.

It is common for us to collect $70 in a couple of hours.  So it is not really an unpaid rehearsal, it is a paid rehearsal.

Russ Guarino