[Dixielandjazz] Teaching and Learning Music as a Profession.

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Sun Dec 16 13:08:02 PST 2007

Being a music major is the closest thing to slavery that we have.  My four
years as a music major was intense and trying to make a living and have a
family at the same time was more than difficult.  I went from a low B
average student in undergraduate to a straight A student in Graduate work.
It was like the ball players swinging a heavy bat.  The graduate stuff was a
piece of cake by comparison.  I used to envy the other students who were
only taking 15 hours a semester.  My mother always wanted me to become a
lawyer.  I think it would have been easier and a whole lot better paid.
Larry
StL.