[Dixielandjazz] ASV Living Era down the gurgler!

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Dec 11 16:08:03 PST 2007

Dear friends,
More sad news for record collectors.
World's Records have just advised that:
   "The ASV label will not be issuing new titles as the label was shut
down in September.
Worlds Records has just acquired a huge supply of ASV inventory. These
have come to us at a discounted price and we are passing along a 15%
Discount."
There are 579 titles on offer which can be accessed on the Worlds'
website.
With LP, then CD, the British label ASV certainly provided some great
compilations, including rare items not reissued by others.
As I've said before, I have no connection with Worlds Records, just a
long-time satisfied customer from well before the days of CDs.
Lurking listmate Jazz Jerry (our UK mail-order jazzer) may also have
some ASV bargains fin stock.
Kind regards,
Bill.