[Dixielandjazz] Gift for clarinetist

billsharp sharp-b at clearwire.net
Sun Dec 9 22:18:37 PST 2007

Give her a true gift of music, not just a gift card from a music store.
  I might suggest the Cd "Hot Club Of Detroit", a new Cd release
available from Worlds Records that I just purchased.  It's a group
playing  Gypsy (i.e. Django)Jazz, but instead of using a violin, ala
Stephane Grapelli, they use clarinet.  It's an astonishing group of
very talented young players.  2007  No moldy fig stuff here.

http://www.worldsrecords.com/cgi-bin/storeR.cgi?
phrase=hot+club+of+detroit&specific=title&format=any&x=0&y=0

Another hot jazz clarinetist to consider is Evan Christopher.

http://www.worldsrecords.com/cgi-bin/storeR.cgi?cart_id=12-10
-07.16091&phrase=evan+christopher&specific=artist&format=any&x=17&y=3