[Dixielandjazz] Deering Banjitars

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 4 11:26:38 PST 2007

Dear Larry:

If you want to hear a master 6 stringer, scroll down to the two 6-string
banjo downloads (FREE) at: http://www.woodpecker.com/audio/mp3.html

or for some freestyle pickin on a 6 String Deering Banjitar using plenty of
low notes, try:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQV4fG-7y1Q

Not OKOM, but you get a good idea of what the 6 string Banjitar can sound
like. I'm not sure what kind of strings they are using.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

PS: On clarinet I'm using a V12 2 and 1/2 reed with my 5JB and get A above
high A. I do need a 3 and 1/2 to get C above high C, but can't work with a 3
and 1/2 for very long before my aging chops give out. <grin> Kenny Davern
who got that double high C with ease used a #4 with a 5JB but then, he had
monster chops and lots of playing hours.