[Dixielandjazz] good jazz/pop singer

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Mon Dec 3 17:58:42 PST 2007

I just wanted to tell the list about a singer/pianist in my area whom I have
heard on a couple of occasions and who I think is very good.  Her name is
Krisanthi Papas.  I just bought a couple of her CDs.  I get notices of her
appearances and she sent this message out recently:
--------------
from now until December 31st, my CDs are just $10 with FREE SHIPPING!
(Regularly $15)  Thank you to everyone who has bought them so far!  If you
haven't, order now to assure that you'll receive them before Christmas or
Hanukkah.  Your order will be mailed out regular first class mail within 24
hours.

To order on-line, click on http://www.krisanthi.com/pages/cds.html and then
hit purchase information.  If you'd rather mail a check, please e-mail me
directly for that info.

If you already have my CDs, think of someone on your list that likes Norah
Jones or Diana Krall (those are the two singers I get compared to the most)
and get them one of my CDs :)  If you have a grandparent who likes Gershwin
standards but doesn't own a CD player, my Gershwin recording is available in
cassette tape for only $5 dollars!

I bought the Gershwin CD where she is backed by Boston's John Payne and Herb
Pomeroy.  It is super.  It also contains a couple of originals and one in
particular, "If I Had Only Known", is a great OKOM tune.   I encourage you
all to have a listen.

Thanks,

Ron L