[Dixielandjazz] Traditional Instruments

John Mumford john at jazzbanjo.com
Mon Dec 3 07:30:52 PST 2007

Back in the late 1970s A 5-string player (Fred Geiger) released an album
with all bluegrass instruments (5-string banjo, guitar, mandolin,
fiddle, bass) that played nothing but jazz. Some of the songs were:

Liza
I've Found a New Baby
Nice Work if You Can Get It
Muskrat Ramble
Etc.

It is one of my favorite albums.

This raises the question - "Should traditional jazz only be played on
traditional instruments"?

John Mumford
www.jazzbanjo.com