[Dixielandjazz] FW: Contact wanted

Brian Harvey brer.rabbit at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Dec 1 04:52:23 PST 2007

I wonder if list members can help me?
I recently contacted Raymer Records to ask for review copies - for broadcast
and review - of their new albums by -
The Old Fashioned Love Band - Richard Bennett International Jazz Band - Sue
Kibbey with Gerry Brown & The Mission Hall Band - Pete Allen Jazz Band -
Paul Leegan and the Legends - Sunset Café Stompers - Roger Marks Magical
Mainstream.

______________________--

They refused saying - amazingly -
"It is not the policy of Raymer Sound to send copies of CDs for review or
promotion on any large scale.  In our experience, bands usually know who
they wish to receive complimentary copies and the most effective ways of
promoting themselves.  We do all we can to keep costs as low as possible so
that our customers have the best possible price.  Indeed we have come across
bands who positively do not wish their CDs to be sent for review - even
though they are good bands!!  We do mention your show to bands so they may
well send you a CD.

________________

I did offer incidentally to merely borrow the CDs and copy them to my
library for broadcast and review - thus reduce their cost to postage only.
But - they didn't respond to this offer.

So dear readers - if you record for Raymer - or know anyone who does - you
will know why I am unable to broadcast or review your CDs to my over 100,000
audience. Also if you know someone from a Raymer recorded band who does not
read the messages on this admirable site then perhaps you would be so kind
as to inform them.

Brian Harvey

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
21:26