[Dixielandjazz] Workers Compensation

tduncan tduncan at bellatlantic.net
Wed Aug 29 07:56:12 PDT 2007

I recall numerous postings on the financial management of bands regarding
pay of musicians and reporting of that pay; keeping records; status of
musicians as independent contractors; liability insurance; etc.; but, I
don't recall anything on payment of workers compensation insurance by the
leader as contractor.

I'd like to hear any comments, opinions or experiences regarding this. I do
not now maintain workers comp insurance. I pay all hires as independent
contractors and report their incomes in my records and by 1099 to them.

Thanks,

Tom Duncan
Doctor Dubious and the Agnostics
PO Box 2118      Teaneck, NJ 07666
P   (201)836-6076     FAX   (201)833-4143
www.doctordubious.com <http://www.doctordubious.com/>