[Dixielandjazz] GEORGE LEWIS

Louis Lince louislince at neworleansmusic.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 27 03:41:01 PDT 2007

Hi Guus,

The quartet tracks (George Lewis, Alton Purnell, Lawrence Marrero & Alcide
Pavageau) were made in New Orleans Sep 25 1953. (Salty Dog has Edmond
Souchon singing). The full band tracks  (Alvin Alcorn, Bill Matthews, Georeg
Lewis, Lester Santiago, Lawrence Marrero, Alcide Pavageau & Paul Barbarin)
were made in New Orleans also but in August 1951.

Best

Louis