[Dixielandjazz] More On "In The Mood" and Miller

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 14:45:41 PDT 2007

Hello,
Recently, the European (actually - German) version of the Glenn Miller
Orchestra played one concert in Israel - at an open air amphitheatre
in my home town, Raanana.  A good portion of the public was less than
50 (myself, unfortunately, excluded - I'm 66).  They still got
standing ovation.  They were very swinging, and the crowd loved it!
They even played "hot Time in the Town of Berlin" - a strange choice
for a German band, but perhaps indicating total detachment from
Germany of those days.
It was worth the money (about $50 per person).
Support live jazz!