[Dixielandjazz] "Way, Way Back" (was Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 56, Issue 41)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Aug 23 02:56:51 PDT 2007

Nelsontorrisi at aol.com wrote:
> O.K. YOU DIXIE-LANDERS OUT THERE. I AM LOOKING FOR  THE
> "FAKE-BOOK " MUSIC TO THE BLUES TUNE----WAY, WAY,  BACK--
> PERFORMED BY THE GERMAN BAND  LEAD BY A PERSON BY  THE
> NAME OF "BRUNO".  PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN !
>  BILL NELSON

Hi there Bill,
With those capital letters that looks more like a demand.
For the information of fellow DJMLers who may want to help with your
search, herewith some details regarding Bruno's Salon Band:
Bruno didn't lead the band. Bruno was a guinea pig owned by the band's
pianist, Peter Mette.
This popular German group was formed in the early 1970s and recorded
numerous LPs (I have one).
"Way, Way Back" is from its 'Lucky Day' album (Stomp Off CD1251) with
Chris Herrmann, c/vcl; Wolfgang Schmitz, tb; Bolle Burmeister, cl;
William B. Peatman, bssax; Peter Mette, p/vcl; Jochen Masch, bj; Edgar
Voigt, tu; Norman Tchilinghiryan, d/wd).
Recorded in Hamburg, 24-26 July 1992.
I can't help with the composer, but a Paul Gonsalves' group recorded a
tune of the same name for RCA in Feb 1960.
Every little helps.
I hope.
Kind regards,
Bill.