[Dixielandjazz] Another unusual instrument for making jazz - not a bagpipe ; -)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Aug 21 15:44:37 PDT 2007

Never a dull moment with our listmate David Richoux who wrote:
>  I just got this link from a friend (and former jazz DJ at KFJC) - he
> is a "famous expert" at making balloon hat sculpture, and he also
> invented (or at least perfected) the "Balloon Bass."
> This Youtube is about someone he met from Portland, OR - Stan Wood -
> he plays a stretched rubber band with his mouth and makes it sound
> like a blend of sax and trumpet! You just have to check it out:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKUrjLG7wGg

Dear Dave,
Now look what you've started!!!
The perfect foils for all those scrubbin' boards at the annual
Washboard Festival.
The mind boggles.
I'm sure our dear mate Bill Gunter would have loved both the 'mouth
band' and the 'balloon bass ' at
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdJTIwFokqA
Kind regards,
Bill.