[Dixielandjazz] Film:Bix Interpretation of a Legend

Steve Schwartz surveyme1 at optonline.net
Tue Aug 21 05:20:20 PDT 2007

Hi Folks,

I was able to purchase the DVD of a movie which was made in Italy about Bix Beiderbecke in the late 1970s from The Jazz Loft, an online store.

The music is excellent and there is too little of it, in my opinion.

This movie has the look and feel of the era but unfortunately doesn't seem to be historically accurate and it dwells on Bix as a tragic figure instead of the musical legacy that he left.

It is worth watching but a bit pricey at 25 bucks or so.

If anyone knows where I can get a copy of the sound track, please let me know.

Steve Schwartz