[Dixielandjazz] Seeking lyrics - "You're My Dish"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Aug 19 16:59:07 PDT 2007

On Monday, August 20, 2007, at 03:14  AM, Tom Duncan wrote:
> Can anyone please help with the lyrics for Fats Waller's "You're My
> Dish?"

Dear Tom,
Your wish is my command.
"You're My Dish" and its companion song, "More Power To You" (by the
same authors) were recorded by Fats Waller and His Rhythm for Victor on
7 Sept 1937. From the forgettable Universal film, 'Merry-Go-Round of
1938'. A back-stage story about s comedy quartet adopting a little girl.

"YOU'RE MY DISH" (1937. Harold Adamson - Jimmy McHugh.)
You're my dish. Mmm, mmm.
You're a plate of peaches and cream.
You're like the angel cake mother used to make.
What a heavenly dream.
You're the well-known pudding of Yorkshire
Famous place for your friends
Analysing, appertising.
True plate of romance.

You're my dish. Yum, yum, yum.
You're a combination on rye.
It's as clear as soup to me, lovin' you could be
Just as easy as pie.
You could be my regular diet,
'cause I think you're simply delish.
You're my spicing, sugar icing.