[Dixielandjazz] The late Mick Burns

TBW504 at aol.com TBW504 at aol.com
Sat Aug 18 07:26:21 PDT 2007

In my previous posting I referred to Mick Burns. Mick, who died some months
ago, was a very capable musician, and author of three outstanding books on New
 Orleans music: "The Great Olympia Band" published by Jazzology; "Keeping the
 Beat on the Street" (Louisiana State University Press) - both highly
recommended  - and a forthcoming book on Barry Martyn to be published later this year
by  LSUP. Since Barry Martyn as a musician, bandleader, promoter and producer
has  achieved as much as anyone (and more than most) in propagating New
Orleans-style  jazz, this promises to one to look out for.
Brian Wood