[Dixielandjazz] Bix

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Thu Aug 16 13:36:45 PDT 2007

Ah! - that is not a valve that is constantly in use - set for a
particular key, adjust the slides (with or without some sort of
actuator/lever) and play with the normal 3 piston valves.

check this site for some strange variations in trumpet/cornets:
http://www.vintagecornets.com/

When I was writing about rotary valve cornets  -  this was more what
I had in mind:
http://tinyurl.com/294gh6

Dave Richoux