[Dixielandjazz] Banjo Concert

billsharp sharp-b at clearwire.net
Sat Aug 11 17:19:47 PDT 2007

Here is some very fine entertainment being offered on Sept 9th, in San
Jose, California.  I don't really hear much about these banjo
gatherings on DJML, but they are frequent, and held all over the
country.

To be honest, I never enjoyed the banjo much until I started going to
these things, but once I heard banjos being played correctly by the
guest artists, then they acquired a whole new life.  Once you hear one
of the true artists, then you can really learn to love this instrument.
There will be some of them there on Sept 9.

DJML members are always asking - - "where can I hear OKOM live?"
Banjo music is definitely  "real-live(ly) music" --

Here is the Peninsula Banjo Band web site with information on the San
Jose Banjo Jubilee:

http://members.aol.com/penbanjo/

Bill "They're really not rotary lawnmowers" Sharp

P.S. have any of you noticed how ukelele clubs seem to be popping up
around the country.?  Is it ok the say that they're also OKOM?  They
play the old standards just like we do, and because of it, I believe
that they help keep alive the tunes that many of us play in the more
traditional bands, and as such we should support them in the same way
that we expect everyone to support us.