[Dixielandjazz] Playing for free

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 14:15:23 PDT 2007

Hello Carol,
In New Orleans they pass the hat when playing on the street.  I was
there last in 1980, but my friend - and an excellent soprano and tenor
sax player Jacques Sany (who will  be featured at a Sidney Bechet
Sociey concert in November, for the second time) - was there, joined
the street players (and did not participated in the division of money,
though offered his share) has told me tah some of the street players
were excellent.  He was particularly impressed with a lady clarinet
player, whose name he could not remember.
Keep playing.
cheers,
Marek