[Dixielandjazz] Vitali Imerelli

Tamas Ittzes bohem at fibermail.hu
Sat Aug 11 09:38:21 PDT 2007

Have you ever heard of Vitali Imerelli (also spelt Immerelli)?
---------
Yes Marek, he was featured at the Pori Jazz in Finland last year when we
also played there. I, being a violinist myself, was very interested in
certain details of special jazz fingerings and strokes and I discussed
those things with Vitali for almost an hour. He is from Georgia, and now
he lives both in Russia and Finland. He is a classicly trained
violinist, knows all the Paganini's and such. He seemed to me a little
too energetic (square???) sometimes but he is definitely a great and
very knowledgeable player. On stage he just feels and plays music,
though, doesn't think about it too much, which is good.

Tamas
Tamas ITTZES
violin teacher, ragtime pianist, festival organizer
Bohem Ragtime Jazz Band
Kecskemet Jazz Foundation
Mailing address: H-6001 KECSKEMET, Pf. 652., Hungary
Phone: +36(20)82-447-82
E-mails: tamas at bohemragtime.com, bohem at fibermail.hu
Web site: http://www.bohemragtime.com