[Dixielandjazz] Barbone St.

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 10 16:04:20 PDT 2007

on 8/10/07 5:59 PM, Marek Boym at marekboym at gmail.com wrote:

> Hello,
> The track played on 88 was Black and Blue.  Very good indeed.
> Cheers,
> Marek

Thanks Marek. Where should I send your check? <grin>

BTW, the trumpet player on that album is Black and he never has a problem
with the vocal version which he sings. So much for PC. <grin>

We did not intend the tune to be as long as it turned out. However, once we
started to play it, we felt we had a good groove going so we all took full
solos. Kind of just happened as we were sipping from the band bottle of
Booth's Gin and were all very mellow.

On that number, the bass player knocked over his gin glass on his foot and
uttered an expletive which came through an overhead mic quite clearly.
Fortunately we were able to delete it. It was the only electronic change we
made on the album. When mixing, it cracked myself and the audio guy up. We
thought about leaving it in, but it was just too nasty.

I hope the Israeli audience enjoyed it. Not too many radio stations play it
because it runs 8 minutes and 14 seconds. Please thank Ms. Pasternak for me.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone