[Dixielandjazz] One more question about Milneburg Joys

James O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Fri Aug 10 08:14:53 PDT 2007

Kent Murdick wrote:

> The Indianana sheet music site does not  allow  you to see
> sheets that are under copyright, but they did show the sheet
> to Milneburg Joys.
> Does this meant that this piece is in the public domain even
> thought the copyright is 1925?  It would seem so to me.

I think that copyright is based on the copyright laws, not by on what a
library puts on their website.  While there may be some factor that lead UI
to upload this image to their website, that factor may have simply been an
error on someone's part. It may or may not mean that the piece is in Public
Domain.

Jim O'Briant
Tuba
Gilroy, CA