[Dixielandjazz] Need Lyrics- Without My Walkin' Stick

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 7 12:34:26 PDT 2007

"Hand me down my walking cane..." Different tune, I'm sure, but sounded like
fun.>>

Hi,
in spite of what the learned and respected Bill Haesler suggests I have
always thought that tune to have gospel overtones, not C and W. The last
line of the quatrain is `Hand me down my walking cane, I`m leaving on the
midnight train, and all my sins are taken away` and that sounds like gospel
to me.

`My walking stick`, which I dimly remember was entirel;y different. I would
like to hear it again.

Cheers

Pat