[Dixielandjazz] could get a CUt in pay

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 23:43:48 PDT 2007

If the only bands playing OKOM in the U.S. were the one's playing by the  pay me what I think I'm worth Tom Wiggins standard,  then, IMO, the music will die with the aging crowd that's willing to pay those bucks to see it.  Or the dwindling number of corporate sponsors who are paying to present Dixieland because it's the right thing to do.

Well you are correct about one thing, it will and indeed is dying just because of what you said, the aging crowds willing to pay 1030's prices to hear ever worsening music played by more and more amateurs for fun.

And let me assure you that the folks who Pay Tom Wiggins bands and Steve Barbone's bands for what they are worth not what they think they are worth, but know they are worth do so willingly and often tip heavily as well.

While you hard headed old bats who never made it anywhere past the city limits for the most part anyway you need to take a lesson here, that people do not fly these kind of acts all over the world and pay them what they pay them because they are some crappy little local band who like to play for free.  They know what THEY ARE WORTH AND THEY PAY THEM ACCORDINGLY.

Last year the red Sea jazz festival sold over 3000 seats a show for us at about $40.00 a seat for two concerts and even billed us as the Ambassadors of New Orleans, probably because of religious connotations in our name that they did not think the local politicians would appreciate.  A standing ovation on the first song and two encores at each concert speaks for itself sir.   When I get a call for a good show I deliver one and the more money they pay the better show they get.   If they don't have enough for a good show, then don't call me because I compete in Quality not quantity.

Have done so for well over forty years, and earned a reputation for delivering great music and shows, Kansas City used to be a music capitol of the USA, now folks like you have a hard time finding decent paying gigs gee I wonder why ?  Because all the great players left for the same reasons I am talking about here.  No respect and no money for quality.

Ya get what ya pay for.  Hire us and find out.   Hey better yet drive over to the Indiana State Fair next week and see us for chumpchange.  we will be there aug. 14th, 15th & 16th for three 30 minute shows per day.  1:00   3:00 and a parade at 6:30  It will also be a good chance to dispel that other rumor that Black guys don't Play any Dixieland music.  Sure they do when you pay them what it is worth.

Cheers,

Tom,

 Who knows what his band is worth and sells it for that every day, if you can't or won't afford it then buy something else no sweat off my brow, there are plenty of folks out there in the REAL WORLD WHO PAY FOR QUALITY AND PROFESSIONALISM.

I DO NOT COMPETE FOR YOUR GIGS, I CAN'T AFFORD THEM, SO DON'T BOTHER TRYING TO COMPETE FOR MINE THEY WILL ONLY HIRE YOU ONCE IF THAT, BECAUSE YOU ARE CHEAP, AND THE NEXT TIME THEy CALL ME I WILL DOUBLE THE PRICE ON THEM TO MAKE UP FOR IT.

Like I said some of us really do know what we are worth and many more will never know, and some who don't get paid what they are worth should not bitch about it because they could get a cut in pay. :))