[Dixielandjazz] Entertainers vs. Artists

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Thu Aug 2 20:18:07 PDT 2007

Thanks Bill - I watched it just the other day.  I bought it about a year ago
and misplaced it and forgot I had it.  I was going through some old tapes
and found the box still sealed.  If you disregard the story line and the
Hollywood part it's a good movie.  I enjoyed the tunes although I thought
that Billie Holliday's performance was somewhat lackluster.  I would have
liked to hear some of the tunes played out and not just snips.  Oh well
that's Show Biz.  I wasn't sure about the year.  The plot was remarkably
like the movie "Storyville".
Thanks
Larry