[Dixielandjazz] Food and beverages on a gig

JDut953944 at aol.com JDut953944 at aol.com
Mon Apr 30 20:57:53 PDT 2007

My first post though I read all this every day.  A gig I played for in
Monterey at a very swank hotel offered the band food and drink; however, we were
told we could not eat in the dining room with the guests but were led out  to
the loading dock in the back of the hotel. There one of the waiters had set a
table for us with linen tablecloth, candles, and beautiful silverware.
Amidst the trucks and boxes, we had a fine time.  It was a little scenario  I'll
never forget.

Carol, Clarinet