[Dixielandjazz] Using "entitled"

billsharp sharp-b at clearwire.net
Mon Apr 30 17:36:25 PDT 2007

Is anyone else, besides me, driven crazy by the use of "entitled"
rather than "titled" when they hear a tune being announced?  Disc
jockeys have been the worst offenders for years, and as such, I think
that "entitled" has worked its way solidly, and most unfortunately,
into our vocabulary.    . . . ."And now ladies and gentlemen, we will
play our next tune entitled  . . ."    Where and when did that ever
start?

Movie and book reviewers do the same thing.  To me that's like saying,
" I seen this really good movie."

Since when is a tune/movie/book entitled to anything?  Why can't these
people simply say,  . . . . "And now ladies and gentlemen, we will play
our next tune TITLED . . .  ."    ? ? ? ?  Or: "You should read the
book TITLED . . . . ."  Books do have titles, right?  (and not
"entitles" on their covers, don't they?)

Note:  as I move into this senior citizen realm, it seems to have its
perks, like, for instance, adding "picky and crotchety" to your resume,
(and not even care that I can't put that little mark over the "e" on
resume)."