[Dixielandjazz] The Music Of Paul Whiteman on J at LC

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Mon Apr 30 10:55:32 PDT 2007

I regularly listen to Jazz at Lincoln Center via WUCF in Orlando.  The
show is Monday nights at 7pm Orlando time (yes, that is 1am my time).  I
thought many of you might be interested in tonight's show which will
honor Paul Whiteman.  The RealAudio link is at

http://132.170.138.43:8080/ramgen/encoder/wucf.ra   (7pm EST)

Here is the blurb from the jalc.org web site.

=====
The Music Of Paul Whiteman
— The hugely popular big band leader of the 20's, Paul Whiteman, crowned
himself the "King of Jazz." He hired the best musicians to work for him
- George Gershwin, Don Redman, and Duke Ellington. Wynton Marsalis and
The Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra showcase classic Redman
arrangements such as "Stampede" and "I'd Love It." Special guests
include Bob Wilbur, Daryl Sherman, and Vince Giordano.
=====

Wow, Bob Wilbur and Vince Giordano on J at LC.  Can it be for real?

All the best, Gary