[Dixielandjazz] Musicians Guests???

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 19:32:10 PDT 2007

Good analysis Bob:

Unfortunately many musicians have created an image for many of those
following them on gigs as Plumbers rather than Professional Musicians.
  Many upscale clients actually do hire security guards and or lock up
the liquor cabinet when they hire musicians.   I actually had a very
wealthy client in Hillsborough Ca. once insist that the band all went
form the stage to the Pool room and not associate with any guests
whatsoever and was told that they could do their heroin and pot smoking
out there but not to bring it around the guest :))

They did cater food out there for the band, and because it was a very
affluent client, who paid a lot of money for the party I assure you we
did it the way they wanted it.  I had Tower of Power, Chuck Berry and a
full Orchestra there for the nights entertainment and a budget of
$50,000.00 plus stage rental and P.A. system for their daughter's
sixteenth birthday party.  Not a bad gig by any means but I assure you
I earned every dollar of what I made.   The story will one day come out
in my Book :))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins