[Dixielandjazz] The Dixieland or Jazz look

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Apr 27 09:47:42 PDT 2007

for those who use vests you might check out www.uniformalwearhouse.com
They have dozens of styles and colors along with other things like derbies
(multiple colors), fedoras, skimmers and boaters along with all the other
formal stuff at fairly reasonable prices.  Not many pure show biz types but
they do have a Mardi Gras vest and a Flag vest.  A word about vests.  Theirs
run small so add a couple of inches.  If you need a 48 order a 50.  Some
come in SML and X sizes.

I prefer an open collar too because my neck expands when I play and if the
collar is a little snug in the first place it gets really uncomfortable
after awhile.  I try to do ties inside and none outside.

There are those who think it's all about music and as a musician I would
like to believe that but it just ain't so for 95 percent of the people.  Now
you can get rich on a .5% share of the market.  The trouble is how to get
them all into the same club on the same night but this concept only works on
mass mail order.  The majority of people IMHO are more attuned to the show
biz side of music.  Someone mentioned Liberace and he was all show biz.  I
should also mention Elvis.  As he became older and the music quit holding up
on it's own he went more and more to the show biz side with the extreme
costumes.  Did it work?  That's a little subjective but I think it did.

There  will always be room for a little flash and glitz.

Just where did I put my Sombrero?
Larry
St. Louis