[Dixielandjazz] The Riffing Element

Hans en Corrie Koert koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl
Thu Apr 26 01:32:18 PDT 2007

Do you still remember how you started to find written information about
Jazz?
When I was a teenager I found a book that wrote about jazz styles ( in four
languages !!) and gave some elements about certain jazz styles like: "More
modern, than folkloristic, restless, virtuosity". Any idea what jazz style
has this elements?  And what about "Imitative, tendencies, controlled,
forced gaiety" ? And the next description puzzled me for years, as I
wondered what the words The "Riffing" Elements meant. The style was
described as "Supple, light-footed, the "Riffing" element." After 40 years,
I guess to know what the author meant with ["The "Riffing" Element", but I
lost a lot of sleep about it !!

The "Riffing" Element:
http://keepswinging.blogspot.com/2007/04/riffing-element.html
Keep swinging