[Dixielandjazz] Dave Weirbach

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Wed Apr 25 11:17:14 PDT 2007

Bob Teegarden writes regarding Dave Weirbach:

 > To: Scott Anthony and Bob Ringwald...............I've been a lurker for a
couple of years, first time I've submitted
anything........................................I KNOW Dave Weirbach (if you
mean the FINE banjo player) lived and played in Virginia City, Nevada, the
old mining town/tourist trap, in the mid-90's, cuz' I played with him and a
barrelhouse pianist many times at the Bucket of Blood saloon. Probably the
best banjo player, in terms of playing all the right chords, I've ever
heard..............Bob Teegarden

Hi Bob and welcome to DJML.  Unfortunately there are many members of DJML
who never post.  Please don't be such a stranger.

Regarding Dave, yes, he was a fine banjo player and knew all the right
chords.  He retired and lived in the Chico area before he passed away.

Regarding knowing all of the right chords, there are many fine banjo players
around who know the right chords and especially know how to play, backing a
Dixieland/Trad band.  Scott
Anthony (DJML Listmate) for one.

Eddie Erickson, Bill Dendle are two more from the NoCal area but there are
many others.

There are of course, many other banjoists who think the way to play banjo is
to take the pin out of the front door as they come in, use it for a pick and
slam the banjo as hard as they can, of course while playing all the wrong
chords.  They think that if they haven't broken the glasses at the front
tables from their volume, they have not done a good job...

Best,

--Bob Ringwald