[Dixielandjazz] Dave Wierbach obit

John Mumford john at jazzbanjo.com
Wed Apr 25 10:46:12 PDT 2007

Scott,

This is the information I have on my website:

        Wierbach played with all the greats (Turk, Ernie Carson, etc.) on
the west coast.  His band once backed up the singer/comedian Diamond Lil' in
a night club called "Old Orleans Alley." The band consisted of Don Kinch on
bass, Ted de Plantes on drums, John Bennet on piano, Burt Wilson on
trombone and Dave on banjo. On larger gigs the band would add Danny Alguire
on trumpet.
       Dave was the house entertainer at the "Bucket O' Blood" in Virginia
City, Nevada for many years before his retirement. He and a friend were
driving through town when they stopped at the saloon and played a few songs.
They were hired on the spot.

Discography:
Dixieland Banjo
Audio Fidelity AFSD 5910

http://www.jazzbanjo.com/jbartist/artistframe.htm

When he passed away I was in contact with a family member that sent me a CD
with some pictures. He was going to get back with me to write a bio but it
never happened and we lost track of each other. I believe I still have the
CD with the pictures and maybe some press clippings. Let me know if you are
interested? It may take some time to locate it. We are in the middle of
remodeling the house.

John Mumford
www.jazzbanjo.com