[Dixielandjazz] Song Lyrics

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Tue Apr 24 15:03:02 PDT 2007

In the event that no one else has posted this yet (I am not keeping up
on the posts soon enough), it was announced in the paper today that
Yahoo starting Tues is going to have an official lyrics link for 400,000
songs, all legal, with the original lyrics.

What is new about a lyrics site you ask?  Most, if not all, the current
ones are "unofficial" and contain lyrics that may or may not be
copywrited or even correct as many are submitted by people unofficially
and may be wrong.

I think we have all seen the commercials where the actors are each
getting a different spin on the lyrics they have heard. Misunderstanding
words or using ones that have changed over the years. Now you can be
both politically correct and lyrically correct, assuming at least some
of the 400,000 are OKOM.

Remember. Don't try to tell them they are wrong on a song. They are
going out of their way to get it right.

Mad Dog.