[Dixielandjazz] Dress Apparel

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Apr 23 11:58:43 PDT 2007

That being said folks,  I still of course do maintain that there is
usually a time and a fitting place for almost anything, and if the gig
calls for a specific attire then by all means dress for the occasion.
:))    I would not wear a full tuxedo at a Nudist Colony dance,
probably just the long tails & Top Hat  with no trousers , tie or shirt
would be appropriate and tasteful without being over dressed.  :))

No stuffed shirts in my band :))

Musical content:   Hand me down my walking cane :))
Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Dress Apparel

  I think that was the standard acceptable attire for union hall gigs,
or Black or Navy Blue Suits.

  I know some old geezers who are still wearing them and they have never
had them cleaned once either, :))

  It was also a way for a pick up band to show up on the cheap and look
like they were really an organized band of Professionals.

  What usually gave them away out of the union hall however was when
they introduced themselves to each other on the bandstand in front of
the audience. :)) You can fool some of the people some of the time but
ya can't fool all of them all the time. :))

 Cheers,

 Tom Wiggins