[Dixielandjazz] Dress Apparel

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Sat Apr 21 16:50:34 PDT 2007

I use the "Black & White" apparel with a red vest  that was purchased in Pasadena,
California about 20 years ago.  They were a polyester material and have kept their
bright "look" all these years, even after repeated dry cleaning. I bought 10 of
them of various sizes.  [ See web site: " www.classicswingband.com" Go to "music"].

Along with the vests, I use a white basket weave  panama hat in a  if we play in
sun.  The weave allows air to circulate and we do not have a problem with
perspiration.

When I recreated my band up here in Monterey, I thought I would have negative band
member reaction to this outfit.  Most of the guys are younger than me. [ I'm 71 ].

But it has not turned out this way.  Everyone who plays in the band, regular member
and sub, seems to like the out fit and never complain.

We are the only band in town that does wear an "outfit".

So, go figure?

Russ Guarino