[Dixielandjazz] Springsteen does Dixieland

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 21 07:39:08 PDT 2007

See paragraph 4.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

A DVD and double live CD of Bruce Springsteen's shows at Dublin's Point
Theatre in November 2006 will be released on 1 June.

The double CD and DVD each feature 23 songs from Springsteen's shows with
the Seeger Sessions Band on 17, 18 and 19 November 2006.

Commenting, Springsteen's manager, Jon Landau, said, "'Live in Dublin'
charts the development of a band from an informal gathering in Bruce's
living room to an onstage powerhouse."

He continued: "It also documents the growth in Bruce's vision of American
music; it includes folk music, blues, Dixieland, country, swing, gospel,
rock, down to and including his own writing. It's all performed with Bruce's
classic energy and focus. I think it's some of the finest music he's ever
made."

The full album and DVD tracklisting is:
Atlantic City, Old Dan Tucker, Eyes on the Prize, Jesse James,
Further on Up the Road, O Mary Don't You Weep, Erie Canal,
If I Should Fall Behind, My Oklahoma Home, Highway Patrolman, Mrs McGrath,
How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live , Jacob's Ladder
Long Time Comin', Open All Night, Pay Me My Money Down, Growin' Up
When the Saints Go Marching In, This Little Light of Mine, American Land
Blinded By the Light, Love of the Common People, We Shall Overcome