[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Happy Birthday song

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 22:53:05 PDT 2007

Hey guys:  I was discussing this issue with another retired attorney
friend of mine,  ( the other one Steve )  :))

This just shows that this discussion and my and others opinions of the
Big Protective associations and Greed of Corporate American runs
rampant and they do just about anything they want to and get away with
it.  And yes continue to pass laws thru bought Politicians to legalize
their thefts.   What you say ??? The Disney Corporation!!!   Heaven
Forbid  that would be like having Prostitutes teaching Sunday School
classes.  :))

Never trust the man that says I wanna Rule Ya.  :))

Cheers,

Doubting Thomas  :))

Subject: Happy Birthday song

      hmm, may I assume that the portion of this entry beginning 'The
Melody for Happy birthday...' was copied from some other source without
attribution or copyright license?  :)
  That's okay, I'd call this a commentary or criticism and thus a 'fair
use' -- however it should be attributed nonetheless.

  I write a column on art law including copyright issues for a web
publication called Fine Art Registry, and one of my columns dealt with
the "Lion Sleeps Tonight" litigation -- the daughters of the African
composer of that tune are deep in litigation with Disney over their
unlicensed theft of the song (the American pop-folk musicians who
recorded it in the 1960s in fact paid copyright fees to the composer --
Disney to date has not, despite its prominent feature in the Lion King
movies).